Is a New Star Wars Game Being Developed?
Somebody’s been poring over developers’ CVs again and this time they’ve discovered some things that make it seem like LucasArts may be developing another Star Wars FPS. The project’s Creative Director is Timothy Longo, formerly of Tomb Raider dev Crystal Dynamics. His LinkedIn page says he’s been working on this “unannounced project” since April 2011. He has previous experience with LucasArts, working on Star Wars: Republic Commando, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, and many more.
Ben Ratan’s online CV also says he’s working on the project. He has previously worked on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and the sequel, plus Star Wars 1313.
Then there’s Edward Kay’s LinkedIn profile, which states that he’s been working at LucasArts since September of 2011 on “an unannounced first person shooter project for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.” He previously worked on Bulletstorm, Wanted, and that 50 Cent game.
Star Wars 1313′s creative director Dominic Robilliard also has an untitled bun in the oven, referred to simply as “unannounced AAA title”.
Known possibilities? Well, this could be Star Wars: First Assault, hotly rumoured following a brace of trademark and domain registrations. It’s said to be an Xbox Live Arcade project. Alternatively, how would you feel about an FPS for next gen consoles? Could be they’re one and the same thing.
Michael Troina writes features and reviews Nintendo games for Analog Addiciton. When he’s not writing or playing games or sports, he’s out at his job at the Daily Bugle taking pictures as the web-slinger we all have come to love…either that or he’s getting sandwich saving one world at a time. Find him anywhere with this flavors.me/michaeltroina
Posted on January 16, 2013, in News and tagged First Person Shooter, game star wars, gaming, gaming news, LucasArts, News, Star Wars, star wars republic commando, video games, xbox, xbox live arcade. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.