Following the recent reveal of ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ – Director’s Cut, available exclusively on the Wii U, we now present you everything there is to know about this particular enhanced edition.
Among many other features, ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ – Director’s Cut will include visual improvements, overhauled boss fights, heavy integration of the Wii U Gamepad, a “New Game +” mode, and fan features like commentaries and a strategy guide.
You can check out every last detail from the press release below.
Total Game Immersion
• You are Adam Jensen. The GamePad is Jensen’s Neural Hub, one of his implanted augmentations and possibly his most powerful tool.
• The “in-game” menus are now toolkits; they feel like part of the game flow and one of Adam Jensen’s augmentations.
• ‘Tongs’s Rescue’ mission and the entire ‘Missing Link’ chapter have been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow of the Director’s Cut.
• Original pre-order and other bonus weapons are now at Jensen’s disposal.
Original Game Mechanics utilizing the GamePad
• Hacking is now at its best on the GamePad. Use the speed and precision of your fingers to hack on the GamePad while the world remains visible on your primary screen.
• The “sniper scope” feature allows any weapon with a scope to use both the GamePad and primary screen for a two-step, precision sniping.
• The Toolkits (previously in-game menus) are now all easily displayed and accessible on the GamePad.
• The Radar is now featured on the touch screen and is a hybrid of the original radar and the 2D Map. Opening the 2D Map Toolkit allows players to draw hints, paths, and notes that will remain on the radar.
• The Quick Inventory is now displayed on the GamePad touch screen, leaving the primary screen clear.
• Looting shows detailed descriptions about the items and doesn’t require players to access extra menus to see the content.
• Grenade Throw-Back: Grenades near Jensen appear on the GamePad; the player can then swipe the grenade icon to throw the grenade back.
• New Augmentation – “Tactical Pattern-Recognition System”: Display Jensen’s view through the GamePad touch screen. Moving the GamePad around will move Jensen’s view (the camera) in the same way, using the gyroscope. The NPC closest to Jensen’s center point of view (reticle) will have an extra information panel appearing over his head, giving precious information like the items carried, total health, armor type, and state (unconscious, dead, normal). Jensen can still move and shoot while the T.P-R.S is active.
• Infologs: Information packages that can contain detailed screenshots, voice recordings, drawing, and typed notes all together. Infologs can be toggled as a physical beacon in-game to be played automatically when standing on it. Infologs can be shared through the Miiverse to your friends, which let them view your content in-game, without breaking the immersion.
• “New Game +”: Lengthen the game with the “New Game +” option, keeping Jensen’s augmentations on replay.
• GamePad Mode: Ability to play on the GamePad (No TV needed).
• Director’s commentaries: For the hardcore ‘Deus Ex’ fans, this version presents approximately 8 hours of director’s commentary that reveals secrets and background info on the creation and production of ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ – Director’s Cut.
• Strategy Guide: A strategy guide is available for the complete game, including both the ‘Missing Link’ and ‘Tong’s Rescue’ missions. The strategy guide is implemented in-game, and can be accessed through the Neural Hub at any time.
• Achievements system: Original game achievements, ‘The Missing Link’ achievements, and new achievements are available.
• A “Making of” Video: The “Making of” video of ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’, which is approximately 45 min.
• Left-Handed control mapping for a total of 4 control layout variations.
• Languages: English, French, Italian, German and Spanish are available in both voice, and subtitles. Choose to play the game with audio in one language but keep the subtitles on another.
New Boss Fights
• Boss fights have been entirely redesigned. There are new map layouts and new gameplay mechanics that support the game’s main pillars (hacking, stealth, combat). This version also features AI, damage, and health tweaks for the best boss fights possible.
• It’s now possible to defeat bosses without the need to fire a single bullet.
Technical and Other Improvements
• A rebalanced energy system: The players are now able to use more augmentations with more energy cell recharging. This makes the game more enjoyable and accessible on lower difficulty levels.
• Improved visuals: The Director’s Cut version features better lighting system, fog, and smoother shadows. All visual improvements from ‘The Missing Link’ have been applied through the whole game. And with anti-aliasing, this is the best looking ‘Deus Ex’ available.
• Also, the AI has been tweaked for consistency.
Vlad Pintea is a senior editor of news and features here at Analog Addiction, and sometimes he even reviews games. You can contact him via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, My IGN, on Skype, Steam (all at the same name: vlad94pintea) or Facebook (Vlad Pintea). Have a good day, and remember: stay calm and keep on gaming!