Warner Bros. has just announced another brand-new Collector’s Edition for its upcoming prequel to the Arkham series – Batman: Arkham Origins. The premium package will be available for purchase in October 25th, 2013, for the PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It’ll come out in North America, Europe, and Australia, at a retail price of $119.99. The Collector’s Edition includes the following items:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
- 80-page, full-color hardcover art book
- 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
- Batman Wanted Poster
- Batwing Prototype Schematic
- Anarky logo stencil
- Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
- Wayne Family Photo
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
- Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics – This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
Batman: Arkham Origins is being developed by WB Games Montréal. The game takes place several years before Arkham Asylum, featuring a “young and unrefined Batman,” on his path of becoming Gotham City’s Dark Knight. Additionally, Arkham Origins also features a multiplayer mode, developer separately by Splash Damage.
Batman: Arkham Origins is scheduled for release in October 25th, on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. On the same day, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will also be available for purchase, this version being available on the PlayStation Vita, and 3DS.
In addition to being a PC editor, Vlad Pintea is also a chief of news and reviews here at Analog Addiction, and sometimes he even speaks his own mind. You can contact him via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, on Skype, Steam (all at the same name: vlad94pintea) or Facebook (Vlad Pintea). Have a good day, and remember: stay calm, and keep on gaming!