We have arrived in a new year for the gaming industry. 2014 looks to build on 2013’s release of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, with what looks to be a plethora of exciting next generation titles that we are eagerly awaiting.
However, the most exciting aspects of each year, are those we know nothing about. With that being said Analog Addiction’s editors have decided to gather to express our predictions for what 2014 may have in store.
Jamie Briggs (PlayStation Editor)
1. The Order 1886 will be delayed until 2015.
2. Microsoft’s E3 press conference will feature an extended gameplay demo of the game being developed by Black Tusk Studio, alongside the official title.
3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss will be announced to be coming to PlayStation 4 as a HD remaster.
4. Guerrilla Games will announced their new IP PlayStation 4 title at E3.
5. When Super Smash Bros. launches on Wii U, Wii U will be the highest selling console in the US that month.
George Sinclair (PlayStation Editor)
1. The Order 1886 will be announced to release in Spring 2015.
2. Halo and Quantum Break will be dated at E3.
3. Uncharted will be announced to release on PlayStation 4 inQ3 2015.
4. Fallout 4 will be announced at E3 this year and will come in 2015.
5. Wii U will continue to sell badly regardless of software.
Vlad Pintea (PC Editor)
1. Microsoft will announce a “Kinect-less” Xbox One, which won’t be able to play any games, focusing instead only on other media (music, TV etc.) It’ll happen at E3, and it’ll cost $149.99.
2. Ubisoft will reveal its mysterious Osiris game, in addition a reboot of the Prince of Persia series. Osiris will be a combination of Assassin’s Creed and Prince of Persia, only with lots of super-powers and all kinds of Egyptian gods. Oh, and the next Assassin’s Creed will not be a reboot, and will still be plagued by a modern-day story.
3. The new Battlefront from DICE will not only be revealed, but it’ll also get a release date: November 2014.
4. Rockstar will announce Grand Theft Auto V only for the PC, and Wii U. The Wii U version will be graphically superior compared to last-gen consoles, driving the console’s sales up. Also, Red Dead (3) will be announced at E3, and will arrive in May 2015, only on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
5. Nintendo will cut the Wii U’s price to $199.99, while also revealing a bundle with the newest Super Smash Bros. for the same price. Fans (and probably a few non-fans) will tear down buildings with excitement.
Eric Pepper (Xbox Editor)
1. The Wii U will see a substantial boost in sales following the release of Super Smash Bros. Wii U, but after 3 months will return to disappointing sales numbers.
2. A new Mortal Kombat game will be unveiled at E3 this year for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
3. Quantum Break will be given a release date of Q1 2015.
4. The PlayStation 4 will receive a patch allowing it to support 3D media.
5. A new Star Fox game will be teased during a Nintendo Direct.
Nathan Manning (Xbox Editor)
1. EA will give up on its NBA LIVE games.
2. A new Medal of Honor will be announced and released in 2014.
3. Xbox One will have accumulated more world wide sales than PlayStation 4 by the end of 2014.
4. Treyarch will release a new Call of Duty in 2014. It will not be in the future.
5. Rocksteady will reveal their new Batman game.
Robert Key (Nintendo Editor)
1. 343 Industries will announce Halo 2 Anniversary. It will release on Nov. 9, 2014, or at least some time in November, because that will be the 10th anniversary of the game. I will also feel a bit old realizing the game is 10 years old.
2. Bioshock for the Vita will finally be talked about by Irrational again, but only to confirm its cancellation.
3. We will finally get our first glimpse at Zelda for the Wii U. It will not be during E3, however. It will be in their own Nintendo Direct sometime later this year.
4. Nintendo will finally unveil a Gamecube section for the Virtual Console because that would be freakin’ awesome.
5. Telltale will announce how they will be developing every game that will ever be created in the future. Despite having the rights to every game franchise, there will still be no Half-Life 3.
What do you think of our 2014 predictions? Also, what predictions to you will come true during the year of 2014? Let us know in the comments below.